There are a lot of folks out there with HUGE Gmail accounts, up to and surpassing the allotted amount supplied by Google’s Gmail service.
With the new Google Premiere Edition, you can pay $50/year for a 10 gig email solution from Google. The problem is that you have those 2.8+ gigs in the old Gmail account. How do you transfer them over?
Here’s the solution:
- You can go to your Settings in your Gmail
- Click Forwarding and Pop
Enable POP for all mail (even mail thatâ€™s already been downloaded). If you had POP enabled already, disable it, save then re-enable it.
- Then log into your new Google Premiere account.
- Navigate to Settings in the email environment and click on Accounts
- Setup “Get mail from other accounts” with your old gmail username information. The POP server should be pop.gmail.com.
- It should suck down ALL of your old email through POP.
- That’s it. All your old emails will be sucked down into your new account (granted this will take some time), as well as new messages coming from the old Gmail Account.